University School seeks a seasonal, part-time Hockey coach.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Exemplify the US mission of Responsibility, Loyalty, and Consideration
● Coordinate the assignment of players at tryouts to the Varsity and JV teams in conjunction with the team’s coaching staff (based on eligibility, ability, skills, attitude & commitment)
● Hire an experienced coaching staff to assist with player development, practice planning, game management, scheduling, and outreach efforts
● Attend OHSAA mandatory parent/player meetings and other essential school-related functions
● Represent University School by attending all GLHL meetings
● Schedule team practices, open skate sessions, and summer captains’ practices within the OHSAA guidelines
● Coordinate both in-season and off-season strength and conditioning programs with the Strength and Conditioning Coach
● Communicate all program-related updates and changes to itineraries and schedules with players, parents, coaching staff, and the Athletic Department
● Design, implement, and log all practice plans
● Responsible for the team bench & locker room decorum during games & practices
● Assist the Athletic Department in running the day-to-day operations of the program while overseeing all aspects of the program (i.e. hiring home game management personnel, travel coordination, disciplinary issues, equipment ordering, etc.)
● Collaborate with the equipment manager to inventory the team’s game uniforms, practice jerseys, and other hockey equipment
● Schedule ice time with Cleveland Heights Rec Center for all practices and home games
● Submit a year-end report containing the following information:
○ Evaluation of the coaching staff
○ Evaluation of individual player performance
○ Evaluation of the team’s performance
Candidates will be responsive for enhancing a highly accomplished program while also developing younger players for the program. The ideal candidate will be responsible for utilizing youth hockey contacts to establish a pipeline of players prior to Seventh Grade. Candidates must have the ability to communicate with not only athletes but also families and alumni while marketing University School to the Greater Cleveland hockey community. NCAA Division I, II, or III coaching and/or playing and/or professional playing experience is highly preferred. Candidates must demonstrate strong potential to teach, lead, and counsel college-oriented student-athletes and have a good understanding of University School and its unique culture. Additionally, candidates must possess an enthusiasm for the admission-enhancement responsibilities of the position.
In compliance with the OHSAA and State guidelines, University School requires certain certifications, i.e. NFHSA Certification, First Aid, CPR, Concussion Certification, BCI/FBI background check and PAP Certification prior to having contact with our students. Qualified and interested candid who wish to be considered for this position should send a detailed cover letter, resume, and three professional references with contact information to: US Mail: Sean McDonnell, Director of Athletics K-12, University School, 2785 SOM Center Road, Hunting Valley, OH 44022 or via email at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received and will continue until the position is filled.