Thank you for your interest in University School’s Kindergarten program!
As available space in the school is limited, we recommend that interested families call as early as possible in the preceding academic year to begin the admission process. If this is your first contact with University School, please complete the online inquiry form.
Please review the application requirements below; there is no fee to apply. The required items can all be accessed through your son’s admission checklist. ou’ll receive instructions for logging into your myUS
account to see the checklist after submitting the inquiry form
. Feel free to email Beth Anderson
or call her at 216-371-6807 with any questions.
Required Admission Items for Kindergarten:
- Online Application
- Current Educational Setting Visit Permission
- This form allows a member of our admission team observe your son for a brief time in his current school—a place where he feels comfortable. We will schedule that visit at the appropriate time by working directly with the preschool.
- Parent Visit
- Parent tours are an important step in getting to know University School: you will spend time with a current student, talk with teachers, and see classes in action. After your tour you’ll meet with an admission team member to get your further questions answered and go over the admission process. We recommend a weekday morning for your tour, but other times can be made available. Please email Beth Anderson to schedule your tour.
- Student Screening
- This visit is a one-on-one academic skills assessment.
- Teacher Evaluation
- Personal Recommendation
- Group Evaluation
- This one-hour session consists of playtime and a rotation of activity stations with different teachers.